A blog for my writerly ramblings, my rambly writings, and all things in between.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I Love to Hate The Bachelor

1. How desperate do you have to be in the first place to even go on that show? I mean, if desperation is on your list of qualities in a future mate, great, but really- there's a reason they're all still single.

2. Everyone is "in love" with him before they even meet him. I would just love- just once- to see a chick walk up to him on like the third episode and say, "I'm sorry, this has been fun but I just don't have feelings for you. I think you should send me home." Why does that never happen?

3. Because when there are 20 women and one guy the primal mating instinct kicks in, and they couldn't care less who he is or what he looks like. It's all about the competition. Trust me, I was once at an all-girls' camp that had a single solitary guy as the lifeguard. It was like a feeding frenzy.

4. And the bachelor actually thinks this is a good way to find his wife.

5. Limo confessionals- "Why can't he just LOVE me? Am I not smart enough? Am I not PRETTY enough?! I'm GORGEOUS for crying out loud! He must be BLIND! It's his loss. He doesn't know what he's missing." They should really make "He's Just Not That Into You" required reading for these girls before they go on the show.

6. My favorite was Stephanie last night- "Someday I'll go to heaven and be with my Steven again." That's right, Steph. At least someday you'll be dead. Seriously??

7. Kissing. Soooo much kissing. I really hope no one catches the flu because the whole show would tank. Just watching it makes me feel like I have the flu.

8. I love how they always make it look like the out-of-this-world dates are the bachelor's idea. Do they not notice that he's just as surprised as they are to see where they're going?

9. One word: connection. "Well, the date was horrible and nothing went right, but we really have a connection." "I liked you and all, but there was just no connection." It's all about the connection.

10. Crying. Soooo much crying.

11. At least I have a harmless outlet for all of my pent-up sarcasm that builds up during the week. Mocking. Sooooo much mocking!! Love it!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on #3!!!! But would the network show it? Since the show is so NOT about empowering women, I think they would somehow find a way to flip the tables - tricky camera angles or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of even watching such nonsense just makes me want to barf!!!! Yucky. Why would people want their bad dating experiences to be out there for all to see...and the rejection. Public humiliation is ALWAYS my goal! (yep, sarcasm is BIG in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I can't stand that show - it pains me! And some of the girls on that show are SO YOUNG, why do they need to rush into marrying some bachelor that is just kissing all the girls??

    ReplyDelete